View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Smile Picture of where my rear car battery sits -Cobalt XFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Hehe... I get "quotes".

The pipe wrap is probably sufficient, except wholly unsuitable bacause of the amount of energy it would take. The converter would involve a loss, then you'd still have to burn the wattage for the strip itself. I'm honestly thinking that just insulating the box could allow the battery to keep itself warm from the first time you use it to crank.
Hey I'm sorta Baptist, so I hope you do not mind the quotes around your handle.

Here is a picture from my pic folder here that shows where my battery sits underneath the floor board of the rear trunk:

Yea I keep all of that mess underneath the false compartment out of sight. I like your idea of insulating it. I hope that is all I need to do. After tonight's test drive to raise my mileage I notice the colder the nights get, the dimmer my lights are getting when I drive in EOC. I have to do something soon. Your idea sounds like the best way to start. I did not realize those pipe wrap heaters pulled so much current- that's all I need is to smoke another DC to AC converter, there are a lot of cheapies on the market that do not have the amperage to power hardly a flashlight.

Last edited by Jammer; 09-30-2009 at 02:04 AM..