View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
TomO
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
Just thought I'd throw together a brief, all encompassing post about the cosmetic and mechanical changes that I've done to my car over the three years I've had it...

When I first bought the car for $1500:

Dirty Winter Mode

Dented Driver's Door (hard to see but it's there)

Driver's side Rear

Dinged up tailgate

Passenger Rear

Passenger Front fender

Whole Passenger side

Closeup of the passenger door

I then swapped over parts from the 95 Si that I owned for just one week before I got this car. I swapped the tailgate, passenger door, passenger fender, and hood.

I later had rear quarter patch panels installed and painted the entire car Dark blue.

Then I went through a few phases with the exterior:
Denji Projectors, clear side lights and a modified grill insert from a 03-05 Eclipse:

Installed a block heater:

Installed WeatherTech Window Visors and Spoon style mirrors:

Experimented and made a Kammback for the car:

It later came off for some redesigning.

Picked up some rare optional CRX HF wheels to rock for winter use (painted them bronze because the OEM white was covered with rust from the brake system)

Made some side skirts and picked up some Enkei Conpe-8 rims for summer:

Picked up some OEM fog lights, and OEM front lip, made a belly pan, and found some TYC one piece headlights:

Put a Spoon style front lip on and polished the paint and re-cleared the hood:

Swapped in a freshly rebuilt D15Z1 (stock VX) motor at 380,000miles:

Then I made a more aerodynamic front bumper for winter with a couple different versions of front air dams:

So after three years, this is as it sits. I'm making one more version of a front air dam when the material arrives this week. Then it's just driving it through the winter and counting the days until spring when I can work on it again.

Now you know a little more about the work I've put into my VX. Any questions and comments are welcomed as long as they're positive.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomO For This Useful Post:
alohaspirit (12-21-2009), OG VX (05-07-2015), Xist (05-27-2015)