View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #55 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
That is where you are not quite correct.

With medicine there is both MONEY and DEMAND.

With batteries you have NEITHER. The only DEMAND is from those without the money.

the only people who have enough MONEY to BUY the batteries as a sensible price (the $4500 is quoted as the full retail price via GM and Ovonics)

The only people who have this kind of money IE Auto Makers are also the VERY PEOPLE who want NOTHING to do with them.

See the catch 22 their?

So ok the patent expires (I think it expires 2014 or 2015)

Now what? the only company tooled up to MAKE the batteries in mass production is ECD Ebasys. Take a wild guess who owns them (71%) CHEVRON

so guess what will happen once the patent expires.

Make I have some batteries Ebasys? No Chris we don't want to make them go make them yourself.

SO now its going to take YEARS for me to tool up test R&D quality control the batteries to mass production myself. ERR full stop. Ooops I don't have that kind of CAPITOL

Guess who does? Auto Makers? guess who would rather drop dead than make EV's? Auto Makers.

Again catch 22. if CARB had done its job and forced the auto makers hands it might be different. you see if ENOUGH people had experienced EV's if there were ENOUGH EV's on the road that people KNEW how good they were eventually Governments and Auto Makers would be forced to bow to consumer demand.

this is why GM refused to sell any EV1's why they TOOK every single one back (they were only leased) and literally I kid you not CRUSHED every one of them (except a few "crippled" models in museums) and those people had to sign AGREEMENTS to never ever put the cars on the road even if they could fix them.

Then they sold the patent to texaco/chevron knowing they would rather rip there heart out via their own throat with their bare hands than sell those batteries. (would you sell someone guaranteed to put you out of business?)

The Government helped with the 100k Tax Credit for over 6,000pound vehicles which at the last minute was "altered" to conveniently include HUMMERS

guess what GM bought a month after closing the EV1 plant? HUMMER.

Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences. ESPECIALLY when its regarding corporation decisions.

Is this a conspiracy? well what the US gov did could qualify as conspiratorial.

what GM did was not a conspiracy. It was just long term planning based on GREED. Pure simple unrestricted GREED.

When the CARB board was hearing decisions on whether to maintain the ZEV requirement the AUTO MAKERS got all the time and the DOZENS and DOZENS of citizens who showed up to speak were essentially told to shut up and sit down.

it was a "show" to say see we did it democratically when it was anything but that and they NEUTERED the ZEV requirement.

hell even the PRIUS was an accident. The japanese made the prius because of the EV1 (they did not have the battery tech and they were too far behind to try and wait to catch up) had they known GM was going to murder the EV1 project and kill the ZEV requirements they also would have killed the Prius but they were too far along when they figured it out so they just kept going with it.

Its hard to CONVINCE someone your right with just words facts and data for a topic like this especially when there is SOOO much disinformation floating around.

if there were only just a few more EV's floating around. enough that I could say HERE hand you a set of keys and say drive this for a week.

You would never turn back. citizens would DEMAND them.

alas good luck finding one.

There are a fee RAV4EV's but they are rare. there are NO ev1's someone just "restored" one but they are forbidden from putting it on the road via that agreement.

There are some S10's but again super rare.

the HOME MADE electrics are not a viable comparison since they are RESTRICTED to lead acid batteries. this limits their range to around 40 miles max.

Take note of another coincidence. The VOLT has an all electric range of ..... 40 Miles.

Do you REALLY think thats a coincidence? the volt is a bandaid to say SEE we tried its just the best EV's can do see only 40 miles. Just to hold us off till they can get Hydrogen working.

you see they were hoping to get hydrogen working before the patent expired.

Hydrogen is very consumer UNFRIENDLY but like gas cars is VERY corporate friendly.

Expensive prone to maintenance needs car with Expensive fuel that they can CONTROL distribution of just like gasoline.

WHAT you actually think your going to be able to legally make your own hydrogen at home even if you COULD afford the equipment to compress and store it? yeah right.

Drives me nuts. Truly grrrrrrr