View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
blownb310
Master EcoModder

Saab EV - '19 Chevy Bolt EV LT

Pierre - '07 ZENN MC2 Base
As an interesting side note, A.M.E.C. is having a high speed autocross the following weekend [Nov.7th] on the pavement of the 4/10ths mile Albany Saratoga Speedway oval. I have put forth a challenge to anyone who enters both events to earn points for an overall champion award. Not that I would expect to see anyone here want to run in the autocross, but I am quite excited to have such a challenge to offer. It balances the best of overall driver talent, with the mix of your car's efficiency and performance potential. We're calling the biathalon event "Sipping Gas, then Hauling A**".

I've always enjoyed the great mix of performance and economy that my 2.0 liter Sentra SE-R has always given me. It is interesting to note that this new overall challenge trophy has been noticed by Chang, [an SCCA national autocross champion and overall high mpg man in Economy Run III]. I know his HF can't beat my SE-R on the track, but he's got a garage full of Hondas. Maybe he will show up with an Integra Type R or a Civic Si.