View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #231 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Hey Neil, just wondering if you have a Flickr account where you can upload more images of your car.
I know it can be a real pain to have to link them here, but it's a breeze to just upload them to Flickr.
I'd love to see more images of your work !

Your doing a hell of a job. I love the new 'mirrors' !

What kind of change did you see when you took the old ones off ?

I noticed the 'zig-zag' tape that I have seen mentioned here before. What is that for ?

One more thing - I notice that you have gap fillers on the front wheel well. I wonder if it might be beneficial to channel some of that air out of the wheel well ?
( I butchered my wheel well inserts and channeled the air downwards. )

So when do you plan to add a Kammback extention ?
I will add some more pictures -- I had it in for service, so I have to retape the rear wheel skirts. I do need to update my avatar anyway.

I like the new aluminum video camera shrouds a lot better, too. I need to do some serious tape goop cleanup -- I'll try WD-40?

The idea behind the zigzag tape is like a linear golf ball dimple -- it helps maintain the slip layer. I cannot quanitfiy its affect, but it does seem to help a bit. Actually the bit at the top of the windshield was the most helpful, I think.

I have small Kammback panels installed already. I think my next step is to work on the underside of the car. It is pretty good right behind the front bumper, but there are lots of issues under there. And I think a gearing change (final drive) would be the best thing I could do now -- the 100K warranty is almost done (I just past 90K), and I'm waiting until that expires before I do any mechanical mods.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/