View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99LeCouch View Post
How hard and expensive is it to fabricate new brake lines? The rear lines on my LeSabre are flaking rust instead of steel. And is it better to use longer runs of line, or more standard lengths?

It's something I'm kinda concerned over since popping a brake line is most definitely a safety issue. I've already had to replace the fuel sender because of a leak caused by rust.
Lesabre? even the FWD ones do have big brake system, you could go longer lines slightly. analyze the old injury (rust is an injury due to error...stick to that and a decent car can emerge- always always always a weakness in structure somewhere nearby...), I did this for several vehicles, if it is a gear driven rear end or a lively lightweight wiggler due to FWD, there is always a spot to target in the brake lines in the back. I choose longer, even on a little subaru with its tiny master cylinder, it just needs more discipline in bleeding. you can buy sections and a pipe flanger all so cheap. that is another thought to ponder...intentional breaks in long runs with a connector, is actually the forgiveness that may be needed to insure longer duration.