View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #256 (permalink)
bondo
Master EcoModder

New Aerolid

Thanks Rokeby and Christ for the compliments. Ford had changed the 2009 only slightly by extending the bed by one inch and raising the cab height by one inch. This made the retooling a lot easier than it might have been. Also, alot of the design elements of the 2004-2008 model F-150 were carried over into the 2009.

Engine operating temperature is definitley something to consider electricman. The cooling systems are tuned to allow the engine to operate at optimum BTU's. I have not noticed my truck running cooler but I am going to start paying attention to that. If the air intake can be blocked off some that would help reduce drag further. It is a good point that with each aero modification attention should be paid to any change in the cooling system. I think maybe as far South as we are in Arkansas our engines tend to run on the warm side anyway.

Nothing new to report bluetwo except that I have been contacted by a possible investor. It appears he made his money by winning the lottery. Good for him to be possibly willing to invest in manufacturing. At this point, I can use a good partner with a good set of hands who is willing to help me build the lids as much as I need capital. To lift the lid on and off the truck by myself to check fit and finish is getting hard on my 52 year old back. Not going to give up though Mandilon.

I'll be posting my fuel log results on the new Aerolid on my 2009 F-150.

Bondo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 lid.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	4376