View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
penalty

I'm guessing that the Fusion is FWD? The Camaro is RWD,yes? Since these are both Bonneville cars and they're running parachutes,then they're both looking at at least 175-mph.Some Bonneville cars have enough horsepower to spin their tires when they hit an "aerodynamic wall" ( the car has more power but cannot attain higher speed due to air drag) and can drift into a most dangerous spin.--------- I think these spoilers are a compromise between drag reduction and downforce and not necessarily the best designs for "street" cars.------------------ Any design which has an exit tip which falls along Kamm's roofline profile,whether an up-kick or straight back,will both do the job.------------- All spoiler setups pay a mpg price due to the attached vortex directly above them since the air is making more than one "pass" over the body.And you have to pay for this circulation.-------------- If you do the straight back shelf be mindful of unsuspecting pedestrians walking up from behind.Maybe cushion the trailing edge as Porsche did with the Carrera Whale-tail.------------- I'm partial to Ford's bi-wing spoiler which appeared on the Sierra concept car and Merkur XR4Ti.It gets the job done and with less drag.
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
landsailor (06-13-2011)