View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Hey Christ, I'm far from being a mechanic so I need to ask what may sound like a dumb question. Do you know if I am driving in EOC downhill in my Cobalt XFE that by gearing down wont waste gas? See in my warped mind I keep thinking that when that engine starts turning over, yet can not start due to the ignition key being "OFF" that somehow the motor is pumping gas into cylinders with no spark. That is the only reason I have not drove that way YET. I can not shake this idea that even with the key off if I put my car, say in 4th gear to keep me within the posted speed limit that gas is still being introduced to the pistons, and it's just the lack of spark in the plugs that keeps the engine turned off. Can you help me more fully understand how this really works? (Or anyone else that can help)

Oh a big THANK YOU TO: 99Metro! I forgot to post that concept of using a detector to be reminded to SPEED UP! Yes it is really a good thing to know, especially late at night, if your driving in ECO and a cop clocks you going 30 in a 45, there going to watch you for awhile and see if you drive like your intoxicated. Lets be real here, how many of us have never seen a person that smoked way too much weed, or some other intoxicant and instead of driving too fast, they act paranoid and drive way too slow!? We could easily be mistaken for intoxicated drivers just because were taking advantage of no, or little traffic to drive in EOC to the ut most. That's a very good point to bring up, especially for night time driving in which we may not even be able to see well enough to tell if it's the police driving on our bumper.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jammer; 10-05-2009 at 07:11 PM..