View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #88 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
I found some interesting videos on the car I have- a Cobalt. Some tests look better than other ones. Please take a look at the VERY TOP YouTube Video, as I find it to be by far the best indicator of the safety of small cars vrs big trucks. The top video tests 13 small cars against what is the same as a full size SUV in a T-bone. I am lucky that the Cobalt was one of the very few that did the best, however the Insurance testing guy makes a point to say that NO SMALL CAR can perform as well in such a crash tests as the big SUVs can. Large SUVs are safer as said by the insurance tester below in the top video, especially on T-bone crashes. On frontal hits the small cars did better than the old small cars did, and people managed to walk away from such crashes because they were built better for such a crash. It's the SIDE CRASH that most small cars need to beef up- a lot.

THIS VIDEO MAKES MY POINT THE BEST. IT IS FOR "T-BONE" ACCIDENTS OF SMALL CARS AGAINST FULL SIZE TRUCKS. Read more about it below the link.

SO far this is the best video that makes my point. It tests 13 small cars, including a Saturn against what is the same as a full size truck smaching into them "T-Boned" by style by the FULL SIZE SUV replica. THE EXCEPTION IS THE TOYOTA, Hyundai Kia. AND last, but not least,THE CHEVY COBALT ALL 3 GOT GOOD STATS IF THEY HAD THE SIDE IMPACT AIR-BAGS INSTALLED. THE AIR-BAGS ON THE SIDE MADE THEM MUCH SAFER. The small cars with no side air bags were very unsafe when hit on their sides. HOWEVER THIS INSURANCE EXPERT DOES MAKE THE POINT THAT A SMALL CAR WILL NEVER FAIR AS WELL AS LARGER CARS AND TRUCKS BEING T-BONED. THE CHEVY COBALT WAS NAMED A "BEST PICK" AFTER IT PERFORMED SO WELL ON A CORNER STRIKE! (Wahoooo!)

Based on this front end test, it would appear busted legs are likely, and perhaps a banged up head as well.

I think the SIDE IMPACTS are my #1 worry of my car anyway.

This one makes me feel safer in my Cobalt.

Last edited by Jammer; 10-09-2009 at 05:45 PM..