View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #90 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I figured this thread would devolve into a "debate" about the safety of small vs large vehicles.

It would be better off if people would accept there's not much point in harping on about it. The level of built-in safety anyone is willing to accept is a personal call. What's unacceptable to one person may be perfectly fine for others.
I see your point, and I am not disagreeing really...

But I have to ask if you have ever been in a serious crash, especially recently? See I am still having flashbacks from the last July when my brakes gave out and I ended up flipping over my pickup truck about 6 times. Believe me I was thinking of safety when I bought a sub-compact, and I almost never did buy a sub-compact because of my worry I could get killed easily in it. I am happy to read and find videos on YouTube that lead me to believe the car I got does have a fairly good safety record though. If only more small cars had side air bags we might not even be having this conversation.

Perhaps this VW car is made in such a way, which would be awesome. But so far, unless I skipped over it, I do not recall reading too much about it's safety or if it would be a car for bad weather or not. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome they can get that high of gas mileage, I really do. But to make it into a practice car for the general public to drive might greatly limit some of it's cool things.

Support American
Workers!