View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #85 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Min Speed Limits- Vary by State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echomodder View Post
You must be joking! Most min. limits here are 45mph on the highway. I hope he turned the ticket over in front of the cop an signed the part to contest!
I spent much of my life in/near the big fat ghetto known as Flint, Michigan. I75 and the bypass I475 were some might busy interstates, even if half the people were unemployed when I lived there. On every single Interstate sign I seen it would state the Speed Limit for cars/Suvs etc.. Then it listed the Min. Speed Limit and also the lower Speed Limit for Semi-Trucks. I moved out when the speed limits were just starting to go back up again, but as I recall they had only gone up to 65 for a speed Limit when I still lived there. Nevertheless the Min Speed Limit had remained at 45MPH even with the increase speed limits. This was over 12 years ago. I used to wonder why on earth they would raise the Speed Limit for Cars yet keep a lower one for trucks the same (unless I am mistaken- Semi's were 55, and cars got a raise). It seemed to me it would be better to have even the big semis to have the same speed limit as the cars, after all the closer in speed everyone goes the better the traffic flows without a wreck, in my mind anyway.

Still, I have no idea what the Min Speed Limit is in Kentucky, or even if we have such a think in this state. Once I tried to find it on the internet and gave up looking because I could not find such a thing listed.

Either way we all owe it to everyone to drive as safe as we can, and if were doing 50MPH and were getting passed in rush hour with people going 80MPH, I think I will eat the poor gas mileage at take my car up to the posted speed limit of 70- Let the speeders get the ticket, not me.

Support American
Workers!