View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
couldn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
Goats.
Eating your truck . Bahhhhh. I would have loved to see that.

Why couldn't you just repair the holes ? The design was superior and would have saved you the effort of creating this new ( inferior ) design.

As it is right now, you could easily just fill in those gaps. In fact, you posted an image earlier that looked as if you were actually doing so ( there were spars in place, but they were uncovered. )
Cd,the thing was utterly destroyed,with no hope of restoration.The goats crushed it by jumping on and off it through one night.All their weight was concentrated on the very small surface area of their rear hooves with each jump,and by morning light the shell appeared as though they had been at it all night.She'd been to 115 mph and did okay but I never would have thought she'd have to stand up to something like that.
The "new" shell is strong with compound curvature lacking in the original.In the tuft study she shows perfect flow on the passenger side which has the fairings.By December I hope to have fiberglassed all these areas and dispense with the unsightly crap that's been there since 2005.