View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Oh hell, I can't do all that. I just turn the van off at random times when going down slight rolling hills and stuff, or when I can make a long coast to a stop sign...

(People hate me for the stop sign thing, by the way. Most everyone is used to slamming on the brakes as they approach the sign, I coast up to it gently, and I usually only have to brake from about 20 MPH by the time I get to the sign. I don't even re-start the van until I see a clear spot to pull out.)

Funny thing, too. I've had someone get mad enough at me to actually pull around in front of me while at a stop sign, shut their vehicle off, and come to me screaming their head off. This happened just a few weeks ago, actually.

So the guy comes up to Cara, and I always have a head-on attitude, so I unbuckle and get out before he gets there. I'm not an intimidating guy, so I rely on intelligence in most cases. This guy is yelling and screaming, and by the time I find a spot in his incessant rambling to actually say something, I calmly announce to him: "You're late."

"I'm late?! What the FSCK are you talking about?"

"I'm sure you were in a hurry to get somewhere, and my slow driving obviously upset you because you were in said hurry... and now, because you've stopped just to ramble on at me pointlessly, you're late."

All of a sudden, his face lightened up.. the scowl was gone, and he stopped yelling. He gave me a look of enlightenment, got back in his car, and left. I started Cara back up and drove up to the local Mickey Dick's to get some coffee.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christ For This Useful Post:
jkp1187 (10-18-2009), orange4boy (10-18-2009), roflwaffle (10-18-2009)