View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Conversation with HHO salesman (Email)

First off, I would like to state that this is NOT in any way an interpretation of the character of the person responding to me. I do not wish for this person to be verbally abused, attacked, or anything ill-mannered done as a result of, directly or indirectly, this thread.

My intent in posting this here is to openly display a conversation that I've had with a person who sells HHO (hydroxy, Brown's Gas, etc. etc.) on CraigsList in my area.

The nominal displayed price for each system is $189. This does not include installation or other work/parts/accessories that may be necessary on any specific vehicle.

I would like the reader to pay close attention to the claims made and the questions asked in this exchange. Please, also note that while the representative claims to have performed testing, he also is unwilling (thus far) to share the results of said testing, or to show any quantifiable evidence that the system even works, let alone working as advertised.

The email will be laid out in as few posts as possible on this thread, with headers between each of the responses between myself and the representative.

Keep in mind, this person claims that he is only a hobbyist, and therefore has no legal grounds to stand on as a result of not being informed of this posting. This posting should be considered legally under the qualification of disclosure of information for which no provisions for non-disclosure were applied, and under provisions of Free Speech, Free Information.

Please see next post: