View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Their HP numbers are very believable. Its happening all the time!!!

I have a good friend that has a trans am on the "the turbo forums" and its in "Car Craft" that made 775whp at 22psi with junk turbos on a junk yard engine with very crappy smog heads etc.
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...?topic=61219.0

The most recent turbo engine I have been working on is a low dollar 351 CI windsor, single BW S476 that made 622whp at 6psi(we stopped there because we ran out of fuel pump). This engine is way less then these guys are running.

Both these cars are now getting better FE then when they were N/A. The benefits of running a turbo are more then just helping with engine pumping losses. I'm not going to get into this now because its basically a book. A well thought out turbo system will improve your performance and FE.

A lot of people on this forum seem to think its a snake oil modification? Its not!!! I personally have over ten cars that I tuned that have gains in performance and FE from a turbo system. In last ten years turbo charger technology has come a long ways. Whats really sad is it not from the OEM automobile manufactures its from the grass roots racer. Now GM and Ford and a few others are waking up and putting turbo cars back in their line up

Whats really sad to me is why aren't the manufactures building an affordable
1.0L turbo diesel and running it in a aero subcompact???
Can you say 150+mpg.

Last edited by pgfpro; 10-18-2009 at 02:00 PM..