View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #84 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
That rubber type of soundproofing on the firewall really sucks. It took forever to scrape it off. Once it was off I managed to get a bit of the firewall done.

With only one side of the firewall welded to the tube going through it, the firewall is still much stiffer than the car ever was factory. When the whole thing is welded up there will be no give to the car anywhere.

Now you can see where the floor is going to sit and how much of a gap I will have to get air through to the back.

I have one more week of school till spring break. I am hoping to get this thing ready to start transplanting my car over into it over spring break. I am really hoping to get it running on the new chassis within a few weeks of starting to tear down my xfi. I will mainly be riding my DR650 only but I will have my Camaro to drive if I don't want to ride somewhere. I figure between the two of them it will be no big deal to have it down for a few weeks. Plus the weather will be getting better so I will be able to get stuff done much faster and be able to work on it after I get home from work at night and stuff.