View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #171 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpoppv View Post
Another day of happy commuting. I definitely have two dead batteries. Not surprisingly, they were the only two that didn't take a full charge overnight. I've had one sitting on the float charger for a couple days that I took out earlier because it was the worst one in the pack(at the time). The float charger finally had the little "charged" light come on this morning so I unplugged it. When I got back home, I turned the float charger back on it for kicks, and it no longer registered as "charged". At times like this, I wish I had a digital voltmeter (Harbor Freight says they're comin') I might just be better off running 48v for a while, but then again I am hoping that I can kick some life back into my worst batteries. Hey, they BETTER work for $7!!!!! I told my mom about my batteries over dinner and I explained to her that, of the eight I bought, one was dead right off the bat, and that I had 3 more that were very borderline and she said "can't you give them back?"
"Mom - When you buy a bag of potatoes from the grocery store, do you dig through them when you get home and take back the ones with bad spots?"