View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #174 (permalink)
vpoppv
The $500 Electric Car

Another successful commute day! And I was worried today too because it was raining! The funny thing is that I have been getting fryer oil from a bowling alley and they changed managers yet again so I had to talk to him to make sure they keep supplying me with it! Anyhow, some day I'll have to actually buy a diesel vehicle, or generator so I can start on converting it to use WVO. So I got 2 more 35 pound jugs of it, and took them home in my EV. Boy do I feel ecological today! Taking waste vegetable oil home in my electric car! LOL!

On another note, every day is like Christmas here!

This should cool my poor overworked motor! Not that it has gotten very warm yet, but why not?

The "dead" battery that was on the float charger for a couple days DID hold a pretty good charge after today's commute, so I am happy as a clam about that! So I still had 1 bad battery in the pack, and, as predicted, it was dead when I got home. So I have decided that I will try to go to school tomorrow on just 5 batteries, or 60v, so I can give the 2 dead batteries a good chance to charge, and then maybe try to do those 2 in parallel. Who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised at what 5 good batteries can do by themselves without a dead battery in the pack.....