View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoline Fumes View Post
If it made more power, I'd be very tempted to try making a pusher trailer with maybe a hydrostatic mower transmission. Make it radio-controlled so it would work in any vehicle.

And no trailer registration in NY if it's a "generator" that doesn't haul anything.
That would be pretty pimp.

Turbos do work with single cylinder engines, but not very well. Guys put them on lawn mowers all the time, but they really prefer to have several exhaust pulses rather than just expanding gasses. I had assumed it was a 2 cylinder 2 cycle. If you had mentioned otherwise, my apologies.

I live in a rural area of PA not far from you... It takes me about 4 minutes longer to get to my dad's house if I drive 45 versus 55. The difference is that if I drive 45, I get to "see" things better. Sure, it's the same route every weekend (9.9 miles). But I get to pay attention to all the little changes that nature has this way of making you notice and appreciate when you take the time to look and recognize. Maybe you're not interested in that, but I surely am.

Beyond the pusher trailer, I'm not really sure what to use it for, honestly. You could do an EV and use it for a genset, which it's obviously equipped for.

That'll be another issue if you use it for motive duty... you'll have to figure out the governor, because it won't like to rev up and down without smoking. It'll want to stay at a specific pre-determined RPM for best output and efficiency. GenSet should be the key, even on a pusher trailer, as a range extender.