View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #2480 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Hi Jack! Jack Bauer ain't got nothing on you!!! The PI loop is set to a very gentle setting. If you want snappier response, you can increase the throttle ramp rate. It's one of the variables. Also, you can try larger values of Kp or Ki for more aggressive chasing of throttle. In fact, you could tune to your motor if you are feeling really bored. Start with Ki = 0. Start Kp = 1. Jerk throttle from 0 to whatever really fast and observe the step response. This process works best with a locked rotor on the motor, but I think it would be fine without a locked rotor. If there is no major overshoot by the current feedback, then increase Kp. Keep doing this until Current has some overshoot. Now decrease Kp just a bit, and gradually increase Ki. Stop when you get the results you like the best for your motor. hehe. By the way, is it raining over there right now? I thought I heard the rain. It rains over here all the dang time.

Hi Mike! Well, you might see something interesting on the pwm output, since the code you have is throttle proportional to current and speed together. It would be better to get a new chip with the new software on it. Then you should be able to see a PWM output on some of the settings. I'll get that programmed and mailed out to you. Don't worry. Were you able to change the orientation of L1?

No more oprah jokes because my wife told me it might hurt people's feelings. haha. And plus, she's so thin and beautiful, so How could I make fun of her? hahaha. On a completely separate note, not relating to Oprah at all, I had a delicious dessert last night. It was chocolate moose. (this is OK to say since my wife is black. That's the rules. I didn't write them. I just apply them.)