View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #345 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
I realize we all are expressing our pov based on what we have been exposed too in life... err so I think anyway. I have only known one person to wreck and have an airbag go off. He was going 55/55 and was distracted looking at some woman or something and when he looked back at the road it was too late- A car was turning left and was at a stop directly in front of him with no time to stop. He hit that car from the rear doing 55mph (it was said the seat belt & air bag saved that driver). Both cars were about the same size and weight. He told all of us at work that the doctors told him the air bag saved his life. Yes he was bruised up, his glasses cut his face, and he had to do A LOT of walking and stuff for a few months to get his back working correctly again. But he never complained about his air bag. In fact he told many people his story about how his air bag saved his life and it was not a big deal to him to have a bad back and some cuts and bruises for a couple of months.

Of course my example above is NOT one of a "T-bone" hit by a large SUV on the driver's side of a small car either. But it is an example of a seat belt / air bag combination saving a life. An example that I knew personally.

I do agree that seat belts, when used properly, save lives. It happen to me last July. If I did not have my seat belt on I most likely would of been thrown through the windshield, or at the very least I would of hit the dash and then would of been been bouncing all around the inside of my 4x4 until it stopped flipping over and rested upside down. That seat belt kept me secure during the entire accident until the truck stopped and I found myself upside down in my seat and managed to walk away with only 2 small scratches due to the broken glass. No doubt that seat belts can save adults from serious injury when fitted correctly. It sold me. I did not even suffer whiplash, despite the first hard impact. (my air bags never went off, and I do not think I needed them in this case)

Support American
Workers!