View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #145 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
I've been wanting to post to this thread for a while, but my HDD crashed and the shop manual was tied-up in a backup file.

This is what I'm running into from the shop manual (I have read this chapter at least 50 times and find something new each time) -- a summary:

The Range:

The Algorithm:

(note the circled item -- any time the vehicle is in EOC, this value increases, is stored, and will not allow TC lockup until enough engine-on driving time has passed to even-out the load calculation)

The Schematic:

It may be hard to see, but TCM Pins A15 and A16 control the lockup (top right and the one right below on the diagram). It goes on to mention that each pinout is at 0v when not locked (5v system). So theoretically, energizing (and isolating) each circuit at 5v would lockup each solenoid. The question has been, if I start cutting these and applying voltage, will it freak out and disable the system or worse?

RH77
I'd try it and see what happens. Wire in a single +5V power source to both wires with a single switch, and if things go stupid, just remove the power. When you wire it in, don't cut the wires, just strip them back and wrap the +5VDC leads around them. Make sure that you put a diode in the line to your power source, though, unless it's your car battery with a resistor in it, so you don't go charging the battery from the ECU line.