View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
You know, 2 is where it outta stop.
What if the next pregnancy is a multiple? Would you then abort one or more so that "2 is where it stops"?

Like I said, I'm all for only replacing my own life on this Earth, but there is also the desire to produce equally, as well.

Besides. If everyone only had two kids, population would stop growing, and since many don't ever have kids, it would actually begin to shrink. Maybe what's needed at the moment, but I don't stand firm on the grounds that you should ONLY have two, if you'd like to have a boy and girl. Overall, the limit (personally, not legally) should be 3, but striving for 2 isn't really a bad thing. Of course, in time, like I said - that would lead to a shrinking population. Measures could be taken at that time to ensure that the human race continued and thrived. It's easier to start having more kids when you need to than to not have them after you've already had them.

Of course, the rule of 2/3 kids doesn't cover mortality, etc. I said that before. There are many things that would need to be worked out by the person adopting the philosophy.