View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
rkcarguy
EcoModding Apprentice

Need help with propane....

I got a tank, hoses, vacuum shutoff, and Impco model J regulator off of a dead 4-cyl 1500cc forklift.
I'm trying to figure out how to install this on a Civic in dual fuel mode without adversly affecting the flow thru the intake and throttle body(I have electronics figured out).
The mixer on the forklift won't work because it's meant for propane only, it's airflow is too limited for gasoline operation so I'd like to not use it.
I"ve read where you have the option of simply piping it into the intake below the throttle body with properly sized pipe(spud-in jet), or mounting an adapter plate between the throttle body and air cleaner. This means is could be as simple as shoving a pipe into my intake before the throttle body, or drilling and tapping holes near each injector and running a tube to each intake runner?
I'm trying to understand if I need the mixer, or can simply inject the propane into the engine direct from the regulator/converter-as it appears to be a vacuum(diaphram) controlled supply on demand device.
???