View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdrouille View Post
There is a TV ad where you see side by side GM products and competing products (a cobalt XFE beside a honda civic, and so on) and the GM vehicle always has the best fuel economy between the two competing products.
One of the better ways of lying is to tell the truth, just not all of it.

I saw that, or a version of it (didn't notice the lawnmower) while visiting friends the other day. (I don't own a TV myself.) This was a comparison of Chevy to Toyota, and I noticed that they were kind of selective in the Toyota models they showed. Didn't show the Prius at all. Showed Toyota's oversize Tundra pickup against the Chevy, not mentioning that the normal-sized Tacoma gets much better mpg, while Chevy doesn't AFAIK build one that size.

As for the article, that economist is still way off-base in claiming that the problems are a result of decisions being made by upper-middle class white males. Sorry, but I am one of those (as are most of the EV, efficiency, and sports car enthusiasts I've encountered in person), and I still want small cars with quick handling and good fuel economy.

Last edited by jamesqf; 10-29-2009 at 01:44 PM..