View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
rkcarguy
EcoModding Apprentice

Christ,

The setup I got is two pieces, a VFF30 filter-vacuum lock-off, and the Model J regulator vaporizer that the coolant goes to. I was trying to figure out if it matters that the propane would be injected after the throttle body and not before like they do it on the forklifts and propane trucks.
If the regulator/vaporizer gets its "demand signal" solely from the vacuum line to the unit and has no impact on the propane feed line itself then I could could pipe it in wherever?
I was looking at drilling and tapping each intake runner, and using the push lock system of fittings to a junction block so all the hoses are the same length. The honda's log style manifold will not distribute fuel evenly from the throttle body area I am afraid. Then I'd simply use a ball valve on it along with the wideband to get the AFR where I want it.
Also availiable are different springs for the model J, the stock 1.5" vacuum, and optional .5" and .2" vacuum. I have no clue which one would be best.

The cool part is, the engine is out right now so I want to do all this on the bottom of the intake and you won't be able to tell it's there

I have a friend that chips and tunes honda ECU's, and after some research he found that the guys that have been drag racing with carbs(duals or quad carbs-remove EFI) have been retaining the ECU for timing and knock detection and just setting the injector values to zero...so we think that we can use a multi-map chip and make the whole thing switch on the fly...and be able to add hotter timing when on propane.
One double throw quadrouple pull toggle will change ECU to the propane map, kill the fuel pump, and activate a yet-to-be found vacuum solenoid to engage the vacuum fuel lock.

Last edited by rkcarguy; 10-29-2009 at 02:01 PM..