View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I hate that commercial... GM most certainly could build a lawnmower and compete. They just couldn't make it reliable, and it would be big, bulky, and more mower than anyone really needs, while maintaining a cheap plastic feel. The only people who would buy it are those who are also interested in keeping up with their neighbors, most likely on credit, later defaulting the loans and going bankrupt, at which point, some "poor" person will buy it at auction, because they saw it on TV where some wealthy fool bought it, and thus, figured it must be "cool" to own.

This, of course, will perpetuate GM's sales of said low-quality lawnmower.
Cheap Plastic??

I thought people here were worried over the WEIGHT of cars? All cars have plastic in them, at least all modern cars do! Heck I do not have to have a wooden gear shifter and metal gas/brake pedals with cute rubber traced designs on them when my eyes should be on the road anyway. I think GM's ad is funny. They make their point, and it's truly sad that a company that builds lawnmowers is also building cars. I mean where are Toro cars at anyway?

Support American
Workers!