View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
This is going to be honey's car so coroplast is strictly VERBOTEN! She tells me that Stainless steel is ok. She wants the salt flat disks and wheel skirts. My honey, she has a taste for the finer things...*sigh*

I will have to make the grill block a stealth unit because she like the Prius's "mouth". Working within these design constraints will be a challenge but I think I'm up to it.

I would never have chosen a white car before but I do love it now. Needs a good buffing and it will gleam!
If you don't plan on using the stainless moonies you can always try aluminum pizza pans. I don't know how the rims are on the earlier Prius, but I am sure that you can figure out how to attach them.

As far as coroplast goes, I understand the hesitation on using it on the exterior of the vehicle... it looks good until it gets warm in the sun and bends in places you didn't want it to... but you should be safe using it on the undertray like I did, or if you wanted to do a grill block from the inside of the grill, that should be safe also... Otherwise, I have seen you do some really good work with stainless, so maybe sticking to that would be cheaper and/or easier. You can check out my handiwork here, and see what I mean about the bending in the sun with my wiper block... you can see where the blocks of wood are. Underneath the car is pretty clean, and has been for almost 15,000 miles. The only reason I would update the design is to make it easier to remove for oil changes and other service.