View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
EcoModding Apprentice

Deceptive - '98 Dodge Neon R/T
90 day: 44.38 mpg (US)
similar mpg to the sohc i used to run before the state told me i couldnt register it due to putting a 5 speed in it (was an auto cali only car)

I have an unorthodox racing udp on it right now, and can get 41 mpg at 60. However, i have the 3.94 final drive with a .81 5th, at 55 mph im at 2500 rpm. When i switch transmissions soon, ill have a 3.55 final drive, and .72 5th, good enough for a 2000 rpm cruise at 55mph.

I think the guy im talking about with the electric pump runs S/S, although i could be wrong. All motor, 2.4L N/A with an auto, weight limit is 2600 pounds. Runs 12 something. Says his electric water pump works great. He ground all of the impeller off. Theres some other inefficiencies i plan to work on in the motor as well, like some pretty bad casting flash in the water pump recess of the block, and a mismatched oil port coming directly from the oil pump. For whatever reason, oil holes from the bedplate to block are oval, however one oval is oriented one way, and the other is oriented 90 degrees from it.

Theres a guy working on a 6th gear conversion for the t-350, that comes in the first gen and non srt-4 neons, if he can get that going, i could get a cruise rpm of 2500 at 80, and 1770 rpm at 55 mph.