View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The sword of Damocles is hanging over their heads (meaning the threat of $4+ per gallon).

Every time the price jumps dramatically there is a panic reaction, and you can see the change in what is on the roads.

Then prices drop and they resort to the same old behaviour.

I think many are getting the picture, which was represented in the vehicles bought with the C4C deal.

I have noticed some of the other drivers seem content to follow me at 47 in a 55 zone lately, but most just keep on flying down the road.

Every time the price spikes upward some just get more desensitized to generally higher prices.

However if you are driving one of those twin tank 60 gallons per fill trucks, you are looking at over $100 for a fill, even at $250.

Maybe Frank is right about the credit cards, but the bill at the end of the month grabs you by the wallet big time. At 60 gallons per fill you are carrying almost 375 pounds of extra weight, which might explain the partial fills, other than the shock effect of the cost of a total fill up.

Our average consumption is about 15 gallons a week, and we pay off all credit cards when we get the bill.

regards
Mech