View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbooboo
I didn't think it was that bad. It's not really interfering with my life.
Cleaning is her life!! I didn't have the nerve to read that thread to the end, but I wonder what's with her: was she writing just for laughs (doesn't have too many posts on that forum), or is she a bored housewife? If the latter, then I feel sorry for her, and maybe her hubby (though he doesn't seem too concerned). I'd be worried not only about so much going to waste with the laundry and cleaning, but also about all the chemicals in the house and environment.

Many years ago I was talking with an Amercian father of two teenaged daughters, and he told me that his kids change their clothes 3-4 times a day! They come home from school and change. After a few hours of just sitting in the house they change and go out with friends. Come back and change. Etc. They've been known to put something on, look in the mirror, change their mind and put something else on, and throw the previous clothes into the hamper! The guy said his wife is always doing laundry. I was quite young then, so I just shook my head. Today I would have asked him where, in his opinion, is the source of the problem? Who brought those kids up and are they responible for their behavior?

My Wife often asks me how long I've been wearing a shirt or jeans. Like others here, I have house clothes and civilised clothes, the first usually being once-civilised clothes which I'm not allowed to wear in civilisation anymore. My policy is to not wear my house clothes for more than a week at time. If a t-shirt starts getting less fresh, then I use it 2-3 times for running in the morning and then it's gone. The civilised clothes are usually worn for only a few hours at a time, and after 3-5 cycles go to the hamper.

In our house of three we do about two washes (lights and darks) per 7-10 days. The Wife always tries to do the laundry before her dad can get at it, since he always uses more detergent and sets the temperature to 70-80*C. Today's detergents are just fine in 40*C, or even in 30*C, so a higher temp only means longer wash time, more energy, and a shorter lifetime for the clothes.

My Step-Dad likes to joke: "But if I turn my undies inside-out, then I can wear them for at least another two weeks"

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread