View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Done driving for the year

Its time to put my car away for the winter and reevaluate.

My plans are to tear the engine down and check for detonation and see how the thermal coatings are holding up. If everything looks good I'm going to make a few adjustments and change the prechamber a little.

Then its time to work on my new aero mod. I'm considering making a whole aero cover that will be made of acrylic sheeting. I will bond it together using a product that help design. All the seams will have a bond so it will look like its a one piece shell. I will use 6 attaching points with aluminum brackets to bolt it to the car from the underside. This is where the convertible part will pay off, and was part of my plan when I bought the car. It will have a tilt front hinged that I will use safety pins with a cable to unlock at the rear. Pop the pins and push up on a bracket from the drivers seat to tilt the whole cover forward. So now I can open the doors to get out.

I will also be adding a taller 5th gear to accommodate the new aero mods.

The car so far has been a success with a few 70+mpg at 55 to 58mph. Hopefully I can get to my 100mpg mark next year with the new aero mods.

I'm also excited that i might have a chance at testing a new product built by one of our ecomodders on this site. It will help a ton for in town driving. I will let him tell or not.

Anyway this should keep me busy for the winter.