View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
mcrews
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
Thanks for the advise!!
Wheels: As much as I liked the clear slot covers in the Caddie, your advise to error on the side of caution is sound. I am driving to Texas in Late Jan. I might 'test' sometype of temperay wheel cover along the way. It will be cool uotside and very little braking. (lots of coasting!!!) There are some MAJOR flat and straight sections of hwy. But for now, the wheels are major backburner item.

Underside:
Hermie, I completey understand your point on 'air in - air out' re: engine compartment. But as I move farther back, I was thinking of leaving the cats exposed. Building something that is 'flush' but open around the cats. maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap between the pan and the cat. I could also use a screen material over the cat? And then covering the two mid mufflers or again using a hole in the material and filling the hole with screen.
My though on the screening is that when I'm sitting in traffic, the heat would disapate "thru" the sreening.

Rear under belly: the area behind the axel is 5 ft wide and 39inches to the rear of the bumper lip. That's a lot of smooth space and I look at vector gen. or difusors.

Grille block: I plan on using a clear piece of lexan that has a custom , thin rubber edge trim that will flush mount over the existing grille and opening seams. THe lexan will be about 1/2 inch over the whole grille on sides and bottom. THe top egde would 'seal' with the hood.

I can't thank ECONMODDING enough for being here and for each of the members for their efforts and insight.

My Goal is to average 30mpg on the round trip from Sato to dallas and back.