Thread: Hey folks
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Pillzilla
EcoModding Lurker

JR Executive - '94 GEO Metro 2 DR Hatchback
90 day: 48.89 mpg (US)
Cold hard $ prompted the purchase. My Nissan frontier was getting 15 MPG and with a 100 mile roundtrip commute (80% HWY) it was a no brainer to buy something with high MPG.

I looked at new corollas, but with a 5 year loan I was still looking at 300-333$ per month likely. So I decided to go the Metro Route. It certainly isn't as nice, but the seats are pretty comfy and I think I am already getting use to it. I figure I average a 600$/month gas bill at 15MPG, so at 45MPG that would compute out to 150$...a nice 450$ a month savings. Car will be paid for in 4 months of driving. I dont think that is too lofty of a goal for this car. It has new clutch. tires, valves, timing belt, and battery so I hope it will get me a minimum of 4 months.

The one problem I am noticing is the front right tire seems to go thump thump thump and is worse when I turn left, and almost disappears when i turn right. The car does not pull at all in either direction so I wonder if my front end is crooked? Ideas? The tires are suppose to be new and look like they are?

I have put it (JR Executive) in the garage and have some more details there. I have yet to put any more gas on it. At 300 miles right now and its just a touch below half full. So I am guessin I will be around 40MPG.