Thread: economical pc
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
economical pc

I recently burned yet another voltage regulator module on an expensive board...and no fixing it. I took extra care for the case, the cooling down to 3 fans, it looked like the day I installed it 3.7 years ago. It is the longest i have ever run a pc, 23900 hours runtime.I can't stand the pile I created the past ten years...
My brother had some old pcs, I went for a 290 mile round trip to get them. One was a 633 celeron that never ran properly, some real smart guy at hewlett packard though it could run on 100w. Brilliant ....
I remembered back a few years, flying around in linux with a pentium 2. the big net crash happened while I owned it. I made a vow...
everything post socket 370 can do some work safely. I am here in a year 2000 pc, ubuntu os, all for free. Save the old pc...from creating an even bigger useless pile of overthunk greed for need.
I can't vid edit, or even watch a video..the highlight for the p3 generation was encryption to 128 bit mandatory for all secure transactions. Still useful. I keep it as a backup. I needed this reminder, coming down from 3400mhz and a 725mhz vid card.....