View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
NiHaoMike
Master EcoModder

I just got the other power supply fixed. Just a bad capacitor and I reflowed some connections that look like they might be falling apart. Now to load test it and then get some tape to keep the case closed. (Not glue so it would be easy to open if it breaks again.) I plan to send it back tomorrow.

BTW, I would not recommend HP stuff anymore. The power supply appears to be lesser quality than some other ones I have worked with. It was not the first time I had issues with HP, either. In one of my engineering labs, the HP oscilloscopes would intermittently fail to display the cursors. Very annoying when I'm trying to find the actual voltages. The "fix" is to rapidly cycle through several menus, which somehow clears the bug. And when I'm looking for deals on oscilloscopes, I would mainly look for Tektronix.

Allie Moore and I have a combined carbon footprint much smaller than that of one average American...