View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #174 (permalink)
taredog
EcoModding Lurker

pickup - '01 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 Sport
90 day: 16.35 mpg (US)

Focus - '16 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 31.46 mpg (US)
Dakota 5 speed

I finally found and installed a TCM from a 2004 Jeep Grande Cherokee. It truly has given me a second overdrive gear, 0.67:1. It was pretty much plug'n play.

Cost - $75 (US)

Concerns so far are that the 3-4 shift happens at just below 45 mph where before it was just below 40 with light throttle. The 4-5 shift happens just below 55. This would have been great during the summer but right now my commute on I-10 rarely stays above 55 for long. Due to I think snow birds, school and contractors adjusting their work hours to the sun. Plus four miles of 40-45 mph urban streets. It is also hard to tell if I am in 3rd or 4th, guess I need to figure out an indicator system. Time will tell if this mod is actually helping or hurting my FE. I am sure it will help on long trips.

Now, after being side tracked for months, on to the original goal, locking the TCC. Logistically it's kinda a pain as the TCM is behind the right head light and the lockup solenoid connector is on the trans. I really don't want to cut in to the wiring harness. Maybe there is a connector between the two. Time to get dirty
The Following User Says Thank You to taredog For This Useful Post:
seifrob (06-23-2015)