View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zyzzyx
EcoModding Lurker

Avant - '99 Audi A4 Avant
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 26.94 mpg (US)
Thankfully the roof rack doesn't have any crossbars on it, just the factory rails. Unfortunately its a bit of a pain to remove, as the headliner has to come off to access the bolts for it.

Good chance I'll try a clear grill block, or maybe some smooth black plastic might not look too bad. The factory front belly pan is a bit convoluted, actually has some NACA style ducting at the back end of it, figure that's to draw air along from the engine bay. Been looking at an aftermarket belly pan for the front that's made of 1/8" aluminum, the main idea being extra protection for the oil pan, especially on lowered vehicles like mine (less than 4" ground clearance up front).

The in-dash computer was an option on this era A4, and not installed on my car. Thus I'll be stopping by a local RV dealer after work today to pick up a ScanGauge; they're listed as a retailer from the ScanGauge site. I'm willing to pay a little bit more and support a local business than save a couple $$ and buy onlnie. Probably be spending some time this weekend playing with it, doing some baseline tests.