Thread: New guy from TO
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
yoshirocks702
EcoModding Lurker

First Car - '92 Chevrolet Cavalier VL

The Slow Sports Car - '84 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

The Gas Saver - '06 Yamaha BWs
New guy from TO

hey guys im new here, and i have two gas guzzling cars, and a gas sipping scooter, i was looking to get some advice to increase the car's mpg's.

1st car is a 1992 chevrolet cavalier vl, it has the 2.2l 4 cylinder engine (RPO LN2), with the automatic transmission, and so far its getting an average of 21.8 mpg, and most fill ups are in the low 20's, record for the car was a 24.7 mpg. It has new plugs, wires, coolant temp sensor, air filter, cleaned throttle body, and tires are pumped to 35 psi. (In contrast my dad has a 2000 Montana with the 3.4L v6, and gets the same gas milage as my car!!)

2nd car is a 1984 chevrolet camaro z28, it has the 5.0l high output v8 (RPO L69), with the 5 speed manual transmission, and its getting an average of 14.3mpg, with a best of 18.3mpg. It also has a new air filter, plugs, wires, o2 sensor, cap, rotor, base timing adjusted, and tires at 35 psi. Although the engine seems to shake a bit at idle (seems odd with the new ignition parts). I also usually shift around 2250rpm.

I also have a 49cc scooter that gets great gas milage, but the cars seem to take away the benefits lol.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
PS: all 3 vehicles are 100% bone stock