View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Daox -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
From my reading, you don't need much HHO (aka Browns Gas, Water Gas) to change combustion chamber characteristics. I believe that the current market HAFC (Hydro Assist Fuel Cell, a commercial unit) is currently making somewhere around 60 L/hr @ 15 amps. That is enough Browns Gas for a 3.0L engine. Their unit is not the most efficient either. I'm aiming for roughly half of what they are getting, so 30 L/hr @ 7 amps or less. That should be plenty for my Paseo or Matrix. Anything over and above the amount of Browns Gas needed to change combustion characteristics is simply used as fuel and will decrease efficiency.
I agree. Is there a circuit I can make to limit the amperage draw to the HHO generator? Here is some stuff that agrees with what you are saying but is using an on/off approach to solving the problem :

Diesel Dynamometer Testing Analysis
http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/September%202007.html
Quote:
... Our Model 20 is designed to produce enough hydrogen for even the largest gasoline engines including those of 8 liters displacement. So those who are installing and operating on a one liter Geo Metro engine may be only preventing improved mileage when producing hydrogen at 20 amps.
Recent changes in installation instructions provide for installation of a throttle position switch or intake manifold vacuum switch that would only turn the hydrogen generator on during acceleration and high cruise throttle settings. This will avoid most of the negative savings operations. Adjusting the vacuum switch to optimum setting should practically eliminate the negative savings zones. ...
CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society