View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt View Post

Jammer - I'm going to change my breakout oil too; I don't think it's been changed since the car was originally bought (I got it from the dealership @89% with 3.4k miles, down to 83% now).....I've only had the car 2 weeks....do you think I should hold off, or change the oil now?
I wish I had the answer. Based on the manual to my 2009 XFE it claims the days of needing to change the oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles is behind us, depending on what the computer claims the condition of the oil is. I have around 6,000 miles now and my computer still claims my oil is about 60% GOOD! (Or is that 60% BAD??) Either way as soon as the temps started going down my gas mileage started going down AND my battery has already gone dead one me 2 times. Whomever got the notion of sticking the car battery in under the cold false trunk compartment should be fired. Because of where Chevy stuck the battery in my car it makes it most difficult to keep the battery charged and be able to practice driving in EOC very much when it is colder than 45F.

Within a month I hope to change my oil and rotate all 4 tires as well. If were all going to push our tire pressure close to the max, then I feel we need to rotate the tires every 5,000 miles or whatever so the tire wear will be most even. imho

My Best.

Support American
Workers!