View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #301 (permalink)
vpoppv
The $500 Electric Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by watt-a-mezz View Post
Hi Paul. Hope everyone had a good day today. The control board arrived the 21st, and I have spent the last few days puttin the parts on. I had to redo the soldering, and after help from M Paul, it looks presentable. Pics on Photobucket. The Metro is looking good, I would have liked to convert one, but I already had the truck. Maybe if I get this one right, I will find a metro to do next time. Watt.
Wow, I have seen the pics and I thought you were just practicing! That's awesome!

MetroMPG:
I think lead prices have gone up a little, so you might want to see if the forklift place is still up for it and you very well could make a profit.

Christ: I really wish my local guys would work something out with me like that; on the plus side, the battery recycler gave me the name of a spot here in town that does a lot of business with them and said they would have the best prices on "blem" batteries. That's the batteries that have sat on the shelf and have to be traded out. But even those batteries, at about half normal price, is a little more than I am willing to spend.