View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
jazda
EcoModding Lurker

Hello Eco People :)

Hey there people, I just bought a new car a 2010 Mazda 3 GS 6 speed manual. My previous car was very good on gas so I basically floored it most of the time and not having to worry about gas. My previous car was a 1.5 L 4 cylinder. Now that I got a 2.5L and having to fill up 50 bucks which can only got 400 km I was broken hearted. Anyways, I recently just filled up and started following tips from this site, i shift at around 2k and cruise at around 1.5-1.8k(i used to shift at 3k) and i would anticipate red lights and such. I hate idiots who tailgates real close!

I have one question, having a new car and all I'm still in break in period and I was advised by friends and mechanics to have a couple of redline pulls from time to time to seat the pistons when the car and drivetrain is warmed up. I want to know how much a 5-10 sec accelearation affect my mpg assuming i'd do it 3x for the whole tank?

Also, i read about new cars right now not havign to warm up and just go drive slow, any evidence on this or reason?

Thanks