View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
MadisonMPG
Master EcoModder

The Geo - '93 Geo Metro
Team Metro
90 day: 45.16 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
I still say pedal the damn thing.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, it's just that I'm speaking from personal experience. If pedaling for 3 miles is the hardest thing you've done in 6 months, then it's without a doubt something that you should do more. If you pedal for 3 miles everyday for a week, it won't feel so bad. If you pedal 3 miles a day for a month it will feel like nothing.

It took me 2 years to lose a hundred pounds, but the thing that really took me over the top was when I got back into biking after a long hiatus. Once I got my momentum going it felt so good that I committed to riding a hundred miles average a week. That quickly turned into a minimum of a hundred miles a week. It did wonders for my body, mind, and soul. And a bicycle (that you pedal) is the perfect eco vehicle.

OK - I'm stepping back off the soapbox...
Well, to be perfectly honest. I'm in shape. I squatted 285 for 3 sets of 5 a week ago, and I benched 185 for the same number of reps. (I weigh 150) I just am not "in shape" as cardio goes. I can pedal fast, I can run fast, I just can't keep tempo. I do plan on pedaling it, but I need a cheap project to work on.

If I end up liking it, I may get a road bike and start biking A LOT!