View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #93 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
ok finally read it all and it seems Cam Sensor is the way to go for quick clean cut off and maybe no relay needed?? Jtgh what do you think of this?

one thing lacking is HOW do do this? where is the cam sensor? Exposed wires to tap into? do I just "cut one" and wire in a switch?

I see it on page 1 of the diag's you posted for me but for that one thing it does not "tell" me where it is (most of the things it describes the location)

is it ON the distributor? (its right next to the dist in the diag)

also if this is the way to go I am going to rig a DUAL switch configuration.

I want a DASH switch that "enables and disables" the cut off switch and the momentary cut off that I will mount to the stick.

ie when the dash switch is OFF I want the momentary to do NOTHING. this way if someone else is driving the car I don't want them spooked and wrecking my metro when they "grab" the stick and hit the momentary without realizing what it is or that it is even their.

How would you wire something like that? Would I just jump the two connections on the momentary to the single throw switch so the "loop" is closed whether the momentary is pushed or not?

Last edited by Nerys; 11-29-2009 at 12:24 AM..