View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
thatguitarguy
Master EcoModder

Maroon Ballon - '98 Chrysler Town & Country LXI
90 day: 26.42 mpg (US)

MaEsTRO - '95 Geo Metro 5spd hatch, 3 cyl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
thatguitarguy -

Yeah, I went looking at partstrain.com for your 1995 Civic, and it wasn't clear that there was more than one 02 sensor. It did look like *most* of the sensors were 4-wire, but there were unheated sensors too. Maybe your Colorado(?) Civic has a different exhaust configuration.

Also, a 1995 car is pre-OBDII.

CarloSW2
I think the car was built in Canada and the original owner bought it in MI and brought it with her to CO. I think what counts is that it's not a CA car. I guess those are all different because of CARB.

It is OBDI and it was throwing a code at me for the heater circuit on the O2 sensor. I changed the sensor, and it is a 4 wire, and when I did, I looked all over the exhaust system and found no other wires. I always thought the important one was in the cat, but this one doesn't even have one in the cat.

Some people think that the older cars are more polluting because of fewer sensors and a less complex system, but when cars like Civics and Metros use that much less fuel in the first place, they are less polluting by nature.