View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
450 WHP from the 1.6L ? B16 ? Dyno proven?

Need to see pics / videos asap! Any links to share? Once fully aero-modded you are going to have a real highway monster.

That kam-back is looking good! Any pics of the bare frame? I see your challenge on the side angles. I think a lot of your problems might be aided by just shortening the overall kamm length. That's quite a commitment as you have it now. I think you'd get a large % of the potential gains even if it were 1-2 ft shorter.... no?

Also kind of looks like you need another hard break on the sides. If you keep the angle between panels low enough, separation on the rear piece shouldn't be tooo bad.

I decided to sketch it:
It made 418whp at Daves Smith's Kellogg Idaho "Dyno Jet" on low boost 28psi on pump premium. On race fuel running 35 psi it should be easily over 450whp.

I will have to take some pics of the framework.

I think I need to shorten it also thanks for your drawing

Quote:
Awesome! In for results, my ghetto kammback fab turned out to be a dud. Back to the drawing board.
You need to get back on your project. I need another del sol to campare notes with.

Quote:
testing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it's at all possible,I would encourage you to tuft-test the tail before you commit to the design.
Anything above 20-mph ( on a dead calm day ) will tell you what you need.
It's hard to tell from your photos,but it looks like there is a sudden,angular transition at the roof,and reflex at the sides especially below the beltline.
If so,you'll have immediate separated flow ( exactly what you're not looking for ).The flow will reattach on top with some efficiency loss.I'd be suspect to the sides,as there is not as much energy available to sustain flow.
What you've mocked-up holds much promise,and a quick test would soon tell you whether or not to cement your design.
I would love to tuft test but as of right now the engine is torn down for inspection. The angle from the roof line down is 11 degrees. It hard to get the angle right. I was going to make it only 5degrees but it I'm not to sure on how to make the frame work?