View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #111 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3AkAzOiD View Post
lol, I tell them every time to not mess with the air in the tires and I still need to reinflate them once I get home 1/2 the time.

I'm hoping to get everything I need to do my own oil changes for X-mas or at least with X-mas bonus money. Probably won't save much $ per oil change but at least I will know if the car gets messed up it's my own fault and not the fault of some highschool dropout.
I often have thought of changing my own oil, and have done so in the past. But because of my warranty I like to have some PROOF that I am maintaining the car and using the proper grade of oil for the season etc... That way if I ever have a warranty issue it will be more difficult for Chevy to claim I did not maintain my car properly when I can show them receipts of the times I had the car checked out by so-called "pros" (I use the term loosely).

At 6,000 miles I found it a most perfect time to rotate my tires. I could barely detect a slight wear on the outside surface of the front tires, and by putting those tires in the rear and crossing the rear tires with the front it now appears I have brand new tires for my front wheel drive traction. I feel rotating tires at the right time can save us $$ from having to replace 4 tires early because they are badly worn on only one side of the tires. And the higher the tire pressure the more one can notice the tire degrading at a faster rate, normally. (imho)

Support American
Workers!