View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fubeca
EcoModding Lurker

The Truck - '06 Chevrolet Silverado Ext Cab 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)
I haven't been doing anything too special. I've been trying to coast in neutral when possible, but I really don't do it that often.

I'm keeping an eye on the transmission temp, I think I'm fine as long as I stay under about 200. I think I will install my block in a similar fashion to yours, but in 4 pieces (in part because that is the size of my material ) That way I can remove as much as I need in the summer when the weather warms up or if I need to tow something heavy.

I've been very surprised and impressed with the economy of this beast. It has a few changes from earlier years (not sure when they were implemented in the history of silverados) like gap fillers btw the bed and the cab and an electric engine cooling fan.

I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and plan to do a few things and keep track of my mileage. All of my fillups thus far have been less than a tank just to see what the mileage has been like during some road trips and such.

I never saw better than 19mpg out of my last truck which was a Ford ranger 4.0 4x4 manual. So I'm thrilled to get better or equal to that!

Last edited by Fubeca; 12-03-2009 at 05:40 PM..